Basically, the premise is to say good thoughts (gratitude attitudes, if you will) about life; 10 things that make you happy. Mine are ever-changing and relatively permeable to circumstantial influences, but here are 10 current Sar-happies:
1. Starbucks. The one non-corporate coffeeshop in Waco is too close to campus and I have to fight off the undergrad Baptists who ask to pray for you (kid you not). I've become a huge fan of the Starbucks in Central Texas Marketplace, which isn't the closest to my house but it is the largest and has by far the most friendliest of staff. It is such a great place to study, and I feel like the baristas are friends and not just workers.
2. Random phone calls. This week, I talked to three--yes, three--people who I have never previously talked to on the phone, but had great conversations nonetheless. There's something about a good phone call that seems so personal (as opposed to text messages; technology sucks), plus you can hear genuine sarcasm. I like that.
3. Grammar and this website. My favorite is December 25th, 2009: "Use semicolons because you think they look good, not because you know how they work."
4. Friends and family who put up with paranoia. Thanks, guys.
5. A working water heater. Thank you, Andrew from Staas Plumbing, for not only fixing my water heater and replacing both heating elements, but also being completely entertaining, cleaning up after yourself, and giving me the free piping instead of charging me.
6. Joyful people. Somehow the presence of joyful people around you makes the world 20x better.
7. Karaoke night. Candace convinced me to go to a local bar for karaoke night on Wednesday, and it was wonderful to actually have a social life (albeit a small, wimpy one)!
8. My color-coded planner. I guess all types of color-coding and organization can fall under this category, but these past two weeks have been loaded with obligations, classes, meetings, and lunches, so to not miss any of them (and only forget my nice clothes at home once), I feel like it was a success.
9. My job at Planned Parenthood. Say it with me: It will be worth it. It will be worth it. It will be worth it.
10. YOU. I'm thankful, happy, joyful to have you in my life.
:) Thanks to Lisa for that sweet shout-out. To Jenna, Keith, Adrianne, and Blake, I tag you! I'd love to hear your 10 Happy Things.
In other news, last week after church, I went to my favorite Starbucks (of course) to study. For some reason, it was super busy inside, but it was relatively nice outside so I figured I would just hang outside and read until it got a little less busy in the cafe. It was cloudy and mildly windy when I first sat down, and I guess I didn't realize how much it was warming up. I was only outside for probably an hour and a half, tops. I go shopping for coffee tables, and then head home when I realize...I got sunburned. Cool, Texas.
So I'm thinking, Neat! I'm ready for this weather to start warming up!
Say hello to Central Texas snow. This was after it started melting, but you can see all the people making snowmen and having snowball fights. This is only about 1/8th of the BSB field too, so you can imagine how many people were out there. So cute!
My reaction to the snow.
A tree in my complex.
My mini-snowman (this is less than a foot high, so yes, it's super mini).
Sending lots of love from snowy Central Texas!Love you and miss you all!